Registration and Verification
- Prospective buyers should be registered with an Artiana ID and verified in order to bid.
- Once you have completed the registration requirements your system generated password will be emailed on your registered email id, and your ‘My Account’ page will be created. You can personalize your password from here.
- If you are already registered and have a valid Artiana ID, you will still need to request for approval to bid by clicking on the ‘Register for Sale’ button.
- Fill the form online in order to request approval, or call Artiana.
- Once you have requested for approval to bid a representative will email or call you for additional information (if required) or to verify your details.
- Please note that unless this process is completed your bidding access cannot be approved.
- It is recommended that all bidders register at least 24 hours before the auction.
- Once your bidding access is approved you shall receive an email confirmation of the same.
- Estimates are based on an indicative market value of the lot as determined by specialists.
- Artiana’s estimates are always in United States Dollars (USD).
- These are provided only as a guide for buyers.
- The Reserve Price is the minimum price at which the lot shall be sold.
- The Reserve Price is confidential and will not be disclosed.
- The Reserve Price is always lower or equal to low estimate.
Buyer’s Premium & Applicable Taxes
- There will be No Buyer's Premium added on the winning bid price at the close of the auction.
- There will be No taxes applicable on the purchases, as Artiana operates out of the United Arab Emirates, a tax free region.
Absentee / Written Bid
- You may place an Absentee Bid by scanning or faxing us the Written Bid form available online and in the printed catalogue.
- It is recommended that all written bids come in at least 24 hours before the close of the auction.
Proxy / Maximum Bid
- You may place a Proxy Bid directly on the website, either before the auction has started or during the auction.
- The auction software will automatically bid on your behalf till the maximum limit of your Proxy Bid has been reached.
- Opening Bid is the bid value at which the bidding on a lot begins.
- Opening Bid is at times lower than the lower estimate.
- Once the auction has started you click on ‘Bid Now’ to place your bid and follow the bidding activity in real time .
- This is where you participate in the bidding process, by entering the next valid bid each time you are out-bid.
- Once any bid has been placed, it cannot be cancelled. Artiana reserves the right to cancel any bids in order to protect the efficacy of the bidding process.
- Bid history displays the last 5 bids recorded for each lot in the auction
- Bid history will not be displayed once the auction has closed.
Currency of Bidding
- Bids are placed and accepted in United States Dollars (USD)
- Payments received in any other currency will be converted to USD as per our bank’s sheet rate on the day of transaction.
Bid Closing Schedule
- The auction will close pre-determined groups of lots at 20 minute time intervals for the convenience of bidders.
- The date and timings of the bid closing schedule will be displayed on the website and the auction catalogue.
- A pre-condition to the bid closing being that there is no bidding activity in the last 5 minutes prior to the scheduled closing time.
Closing Time Extensions
- In cases where bids are received on a lot in the last 5 minutes before the scheduled closing time of a lot, the closing time will be extended by 5 minutes from the original closing time or the extended time as the case may be.
- A lot will finally close only when there is no bidding activity recorded in the last 5 minutes before the extended closing time.
- Winning bid is the highest qualifying bid at which the bidding on a lot has closed.
- No new bids can be placed after the close of bidding on a lot.
- The highest bid received is considered the winning bid only if this bid exceeds the Reserve Price.
- All winning bids shall be displayed in the auction results.
Personalized Winning Bid History
- The 'My Account’ page’ has a link ‘Winning Bids’, this page will display all your winning bids on artiana.com
Paying & Taking It Home
After the Sale
- If you are a successful bidder on one or more lots you will receive an email with a combined invoice for all your winning bids.
- If you are the winning bidder on a lot, you are legally bound to purchase the item from Artiana. Please note that purchases will only be shipped once all payments due have been made.
Customs Duty (Inward)
- On certain lots that are imported against a temporary import permit any purchaser within the GCC will be required to pay 5% customs duty at Dubai port. These lots will be marked and detailed accordingly for the information of prospective bidders.
Invoicing & Payment
- All invoicing particulars are to be provided by the bidder prior to start of the auction.
- After the sale, the buyer as invoiced is required to pay the amounts in full (including any additional charges) within 7 business days.
Bank Transfer: You may electronically transfer funds to our account. When doing so, please quote the sale
details along with the lot number and invoice number as the reference. Our account details are as follows:
Account Name: Artiana Limited
Bank: Emirates NBD
Branch: Business Bay Branch, Dubai, UAE
USD Account No.: 1025076231602
For payments made by bank transfer, all bank charges which are payable by the remitter.
Credit and Debit Cards: Visa and MasterCard only. Please note that as Artiana does not charge any Buyer's Premium to the Buyer, for any payments made by Credit or Debit Cards a service charge of 3% on the total invoice amount will be charged to the Buyer. It may be advisable to notify your card provider of your intended purchase in advance to reduce delays caused by us having to seek payment authorisation.
- There are no additional taxes applicable on any purchases made from Artiana
Customs Duty (Outward)
- It is the buyer's responsibility to pay any kinds of duties, taxes and/or levies applicable at the destination port of shipment.
Packing, Shipping and Insurance
- The Winning Bid does not include any packing, insurance, shipping or handling charges, if required by the buyer these services would be invoiced additionally by our respective service providers, at the preferential rates applicable for Artiana clients.
- The buyers are allowed 15 days of storage after the end of the auction, subsequent to which charges for storage will apply as per our negotiated rates with our logistics provider.
Participate in our next auction
If you are interested in consigning works from your collection to our next sale, please contact the Artiana Auction Desk on +971-55-8153030 | +971-55-8253030 | firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to stay informed of Artiana’s upcoming events, please register with us online at www.artiana.com