Dhruva Mistry was born in 1957 in Kanjari, Gujarat. He completed a Master’s degrees at the Faculty of Fine Arts of M.S. University, Baroda, in 1981, and then at the Royal College of Art, London, 1983, on a British Council Scholarship. In 1984-85 he was artist in residence at Kettle’s Yard Gallery with a Fellowship at Churchill College, Cambridge. His solo shows include those at L & P Hutheesingh Visual Arts Center, Ahmedabad, in 2010; Bodhi Art at Travancore Art Gallery, New Delhi, in 2007; at Akar Prakar, Kolkata, in 2007; Art Pilgrim, New Delhi, in 2007; Sakshi Gallery, Mumbai in 2005 and 2001; Gallery Espace, New Delhi in 1999; the Royal Academy, London in 1995; Fukuoka Art Museum, Fukuoka in 1994; Nigel Greenwood Gallery, London in 1990 and 1987; and Art Heritage, New Delhi in 1981. Dhruva was elected a member of the Royal Academy of Arts in 1991,and a Fellow of the Royal Society of British Sculptors, London, in 1993. His work is included in group shows in national and international exhibitions and held in major public collections in the UK, Japan and India. He has also served as Professor, Head of Sculpture, and Dean at the Faculty of Fine Arts, M.S. University. Mistry was awarded an Honorary CBE in 2001. The artist lives and works in Baroda.